Monday, August 31, 2009

I'm still here!!


Well, the entire summer has passed and I've missed a whole season of blogging. There was not one entry all summer... I hardly even thought about it. Too busy? No. Just lazy.

Summer went fast!
A few highlights...
  • Ross got braces. He looks good! They'll be on a year and a half. Not bad.

  • The family visited Washington DC (and my cousin, Trudy, too). Ross fell in love with the Smithsonian.

  • We bought a new car; a Mitsubishi Outlander. Its our first new car since Ross was born.

  • Ross' and my passports arrived in the mail so we took a trip to Niagara Falls. The highlight there being a jet boat trip up the Niagara River!

  • Ross spent his first week away at church camp. He loved it. He also loved the week he spent at 'Grandma' camp.

  • John and I joined John Sr. and Frank 'on the road'. We were invited to play at the Punxy Presbyterian church. We were kind of like the Von Traps, but without silly hats. Just guitars.
  • We gathered with friends... lots.

  • There was paint ball for John and Ross

  • Bike trips around the Burg,

  • and Concerts for all.
And today... John and I celebrated our 18th wedding anniversary!

It's been a good summer and I'm sad that school is starting back up. Let's hope with the return of 'routine' we'll see the return of my blogging.

I promise I'll try, Mom :)

2 comments:

Hank W. Smoot said...

Happy Day After Your Anniversary!! :)

Unknown said...

Oh Linda, how happy I am to see your families smiling faces. Ross looks great. I know Fletcher doesn't look like that any more either. No news or pictures since April 14th. You bad. Thanks Trudy. Thats what moms are for. I love reading your blog, girl.