Tuesday, August 19, 2008

that's my name

linda, lin, aunt linny, mrs. ivey, dinna, bink. those are my names and i answer to them all! but my favorite name is the one i answer to most often...mom. the words 'hey mom' (pronounced mum) mean listen up... there is something i want to share with you; 'hey mom, guess what,' 'hey mom, i'm hungry,' 'hey mom, when is dad coming home,' 'hey mom, will you get me some toilet paper?' hey mom. i hear those words 500 times a day. i'm going to miss them when ross goes back to school next week.

and that brings me to why i'm blogging. lately i've been less than stellar about keeping up with family and friends (you know who you are. sorry) so inspired by some great family bloggers (that's them over there to the right) this is my attempt at sharing... my shout out, 'hey mom.'

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well, I see in your "about me" that you forgot "niece". Ha, ha.
I know what you mean about hey Mum...it is a sound that you miss once your child is gone from your home. You don't hear it often and you don't realize that you miss it until you hear it again.
Love the blog - keep it up.
Love ya,
Aunt Mary

Anonymous said...

Way to go! See you this weekend.
Nina

Anonymous said...

Smiling here.

I can hear Ross's voice in my head when I read "hey mom".

Joanie

Anonymous said...

Hey Mom, you have to much time on your hands.

Anonymous said...

As school is starting again, my days with Megan begin. She's 19 months old, and calls me "Mena." So, the little voice I hear all day says "Mena! Mena!"...the other kids have always called me Rena. So, Lorena, Rena, Mena...I have lots of names. I never had the honor of being "mom," but thanks to my sisters I've had the joy of so many other names. Great blog, Linda...talk with you soon!

Lorena

Linda said...

rena, mena, scrub (that one's from john)... you rock! hope to see you soon!